Engineer within the AME Manucaturing team. Responsible for the development and deployment of Manufacturing Technology & Capacity within the Region and also to manage Global Projects as assigned by the AME Engineering Global Leader. He/She will take an active lead in Manufacturing Process Development as required and will support the development and sustaining of the function effectiveness via people development & knowledge management.
Manufacturing Engineering Roadmap (36% to 50%)
-Advanced technology development for Electrification Rotor Assembly Process. This involves:
- Support the development of a Manufacturing Roadmap
- Competition and industry benchmarking,
- Core process strengthening,
- New process creation,
- Intellectual property management
Growth (20% to 35%)
- Tactical and Strategic deployment of Manufacturing Technology across the Global sites. This involves:-
- Global capacity management support on internal machining and casting
- New process introduction and deployment,
- Product (Component) Roadmap support with strong linkages with corresponding leaders in Engineering COE functions.
- NPI execution support as per PEP process
- Understand R&D requirements and define new process or equipment needs.
- Contribute to machines, lines, tooling supplier selection and development
- Plant Support on specific tactical issues as they arise
- Become subject matter expert for the business on key process steps and technologies (e.g. Machining, Magnetisation, Magnet assembly)
Operations (under 20%)
- Sustain and Development of the effectiveness of the Electrification Rotor Assembly Element of the AME function. This involves:-
- Knowledge Management via the support and develpment of TS existing structures
- Standardisation of equipment. Global procurement support for Equipment localisation.
- People Development (within the team and in the plants)
- Enhancement of design for Manufacture activities via advanced manufacturing practices